Monday, October 28, 2013

School's Out!

We finally had a day out of school and Doug was able to take the day off so we could spend some time as a family having fun.  We decided to spend the afternoon at the zoo and it was a beautiful day and there were very few people around so we got to see animals up close and play on whatever we wanted.

Riding an anteater...perfectly normal.
 This is one difference between my two children.  One wants you to read every word to him and the other one is happy to skip from animal to animal.
 That is the face I get when I say smile. He would be a huge challenge to a photographer right now.

 Sitting in the helicopter checking for elephant herds.
 We got to get so close today we could see the eyelashes of the elephant.  I think they are actually longer than Little Man's!
 It's a hard job looking at all the animals.
 Pretending to be a part of the elephant herd.



 What she really thinks is starting to come out!

 Full head of steam on the playground.
 The giant leaf slide was the biggest hit.  The kids raced down it at least a hundred times.  And Little Man had more smiles during this time than any other.


 Best picture of the day came from Doug taking a photo of the Princess taking a picture on her I-pod!

No comments:

Post a Comment