This past week saw Little Man trot off to another year of pre-school. This year he is in the 4's class. Since he spent two years in the two's he was able to leapfrog over the 3's! This year he has actually been fairly receptive to going back to school because he found at Open House that his new class had Thomas trains. That was pretty much all it took to sell him on going back. But as usual once the reality hit he did decide that he was going to miss me too much, but I'm not sure that any actual tears were shed this year as he took off with his Daddy.
This is how we started though with him being a little less than cooperative because "I don't want to go to school. I'm going to miss you so much." Just repeat that over and over and that's pretty much the sum of our conversation.
We had to get a new backpack this year because he has a red folder that he has to keep in his backpack for his "work" and his cute little airplane backpack barely holds a pair of shorts and shirt. He picked it out by himself which means he is sporting skeletons this year!
He's right on top of which class he is going to this year.
And just in case we didn't believe him he counted off each finger to prove he knew his number.
This is where we talk about how much he is going to miss me and I remind him that I'm going to come pick him up and we'll be back together again.
As with everyone it's always hard to believe how fast your kids grow. And these yearly shots are always the pictures that make you sit back and just go WOW.
No comments:
Post a Comment