This was the year that Little Man really began to understand that something was coming and it was going to be fun. We have a calendar countdown that hangs in our living room and he would alternate with his sister moving the star. He would be almost giddy with excitement as the star moved closer, but I'm not so sure he really knew what he was getting excited about. Anytime somebody would ask him what he wanted for Christmas he always answered Superman. It took me forever to find a Superman that wasn't vintage and worth a fortune, but I finally did and honestly he wasn't very impressed. I'm thinking that next year he will understand much better that he can actually ask for something and it just might appear under the tree.
On Christmas Eve we went to church and after the service we stayed to visit with Doug for a few minutes. Little Man has gotten big enough that I don't watch him like a hawk anymore while he wanders around the sanctuary. I was talking to a friend when I looked over and saw that he had helped himself to one of his Daddy's cameras. And he was serious about what he was doing. He was focused on the viewfinder and was following his Daddy's movements across the room. I think WAV may have to bend their rule that says you have to be in high school before you can volunteer!
Once we got home we had a picnic in the living room and once Doug got home the kids got to open their Christmas Eve present. (There were no pants required for opening the present.)
Hello Christmas pajamas
This was the first year that Little Man was able to join his sister and I sleeping next to the Christmas tree for the night. I really thought it was going to be a fight to get him to settle down, but he was out in less than 5 minutes and had no idea he had been moved when he woke up in his bed the next morning.
He is sleeping with his microphone in his hand just in case he needs to sing in his sleep.
He enjoyed opening up presents, but he couldn't do it fast enough for his sister's liking.
Once he opened up this year's Hess vehicle he could have cared less about any other gift. We had to convince him to put it down after a while to open his other present.
I'm pretty excited about this helicopter Daddy!




No comments:
Post a Comment