Saturday, February 18, 2012

Kool-Aid

Before Little Man came along I had zero experience with occupational therapy.  I knew it was used with folks who had had strokes or bad accidents and needed to relearn everyday tasks, but after two months of weekly OT for our Little Man I am still amazed at the things that can be done with OT.  And as a sidenote I've learned how messy OT is!  We have played with everything under from dirt to whipped cream and somebody usually ends up wearing something home.

This week was Kool-Aid play.  Little Man got Dixie Cups and different flavors of Kool-Aid to mix with a little water.  The point was to get the toothbrush into his mouth and isn't teeth brushing way more fun when you can do with lime green water!!


In the last few weeks we have learned that Little Man seems to do better in OT when he is with Doug then me. Something about that whole Mom thing, he's braver it seems when he is with Daddy!  Doug was able to grab a few pictures this week.  The lady in the picture is Mrs. Lydann and she is awesome with him.  She has been in this business for a very long time so we are very thankful to have her.



No comments:

Post a Comment