Dear Little Man,
Your world has been turned upside down this week. You found yourself being put to bed by complete strangers and being handed back and forth between Mom and Indy everyday. And the volume of people who wanted to touch your cheek or rub your head this week was dizzying. You took it like a champ though.
My heart breaks for your sister and the friend she has lost, but it breaks for you because you will never know one of your biggest cheerleaders.
Your grandmother had no idea you were coming. In fact she wasn't even here when you were born. She was driving back from watching your Uncle James's rocket stuff get blasted into space. But you should have seen her come tearing into the hospital when she heard the news. And just like your sister she loved you instantly. And she never stopped.
There are few people you will walk straight up to besides your Dad and I and your grandmother was one of those lucky people. You knew she was special and you knew that she was going to look out for you.
I'm sure in the coming years you will hear many stories of how amazing your grandmother was, but all you need to remember is that she spoke out loud to you on every occasion she saw you how much she loved you! She always said not just, "I love you", but "I love you SO MUCH". And that is all you need to know.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment