I talked with your Mom this week and you seem to have settled down for now. She actually got permission to get back on her feet and move around. I'm praying that you like the comfort of your small dark world and want to stay for several more weeks.
Your mom also kinda threw my heart for a loop this week when she canceled her appointment with the social worker. I'm anxious for her to make this appointment because I can't truly know how you are doing until she does. They have this crazy thing called confidentiality laws. And I really want to know if your Mom is still at peace with this decision to allow us to raise you or if she wants to change her mind.
Don't get me wrong I will be sad if she changes her mind, but I want your Mom to make the best decision she can and maybe that means she takes the opportunity to be in your life everyday.
You are 33 weeks old this week. I checked out what that means you are up to. You probably weigh a little over 4 pounds now and are passing the 17 inch mark in growth. Supposedly you look much less like an alien because your skin is turning from red to pink as you add fat underneath it. And you are getting yourself into position for the grand finale.
I went and snuck into the giant baby store today and of course I had to run into one of your Dad's co-workers, but I was able to play it off as a baby shower hunt! It's weird to look at all the blue stuff with cute puppy dogs and dump trucks. Your sister is going to have a fit with the lack of pink!!
I'm starting to get excited about telling folks about you. Only God knows if we will actually get the chance.
No comments:
Post a Comment